Live, In-Person CME/CE Program for Physicians, Nurses, and Allied Health Professionals
The Joint Commission has reported that “communication errors” are the most frequent root cause of sentinel events reviewed. This presentation will discuss the critical role that communication plays in our healthcare system and provides effective techniques to improve communication between healthcare professionals. In addition, this presentation offers specific strategies to improve communication between providers and patients that create a safer healthcare system.
- Prevalence and impact of communication errors in ambulatory care
- Current challenges that face healthcare professionals and the system
- Techniques to improve communication in clinics and office settings
- Legal implications of miscommunication
- Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals pertaining to communication
- Methodologies to improve communication for referrals and “handoffs”
- Office Electronic Medical Records: pluses and pitfalls
- Effective strategies to improve ambulatory provider – patient communication
Dr. Mackles conducted an informative and well received presentation on the topic of Prevention of Medical Errors. The program was so well received by our attendees, that we have scheduled him to return to conduct two additional programs. Obviously, he is a successful physician who is able to communicate effectively with the audience to share common interests and challenges. He keeps his audience engaged and interested in his topic and we look forward to his future appearances.