Live, In-Person CME/CE Program for Physicians, Nurses, and Allied Health Professionals
Topics covered include:
- Prevalence and Impact of Sentinel Events
- Recent Sentinel Event “Alerts”
- Medicaltion Errors and Adverse Events
- Simple Strategies to Avoid Medical Errors
- Communication Techniques to Reduce Mistakes
- Safety Goals for Daily Practice
- Avoiding Post Discharge Adverse Events
Dr. Mackles addressed a specialty medical society CME meeting of 150-200 OBGYN’s, nurses, and microbiologists who work in the field of reproductive medicine at Rancho Las Palmas Resort in Rancho Mirage, CA. His program, Doctor, Tie Your Shoes Before You Trip – The Prevention of Medical Errors, was very well received and addressed timely issues facing the healthcare community today.
Dr. Mackles brings a personable and professional approach to his talk; making fun of himself and providing stories and examples from his time spent as a physician. He connects with his audience as only a colleague who’s been there can.
Doctor, Tie Your Shoes Before You Trip is a lively , entertaining program addressing a very serious subject. It is a critical message physicians and healthcare professionals need to “get and use” for the good of their patients.